Commercial Account Handler
Job Title: Commercial Account Handler
Job Reference: 003
Salary: Dependant on Experience
Date published: 20th Apr 2017
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am – 5.15pm, with a 1 hour lunch break.
Location: Edginswell Park, Torquay
Education: English & Maths GCSE/O Level Grade C or above. Cert CII as a minimum or willing to progress towards the qualification.
Experience: The successful candidate will ideally have a minimum of two years’ experience dealing with commercial insurance renewals, assisting with new business and mid-term adjustments predominantly but not exclusively for Package Insurance Products.
Knowledge/skills: Excellent customer service skills are required for this role along with previous knowledge of commercial insurance products. The candidate must display good communication skills and be able to work in an organised manner. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is essential and previous experience of Open Gi is an advantage.
The Role: The successful candidate will work within a busy Commercial Insurance department providing day to day support to new and existing clients via phone, email and post. The role requires you to be responsible for handling renewals for a large volume of clients from various sectors within our SME team for premiums up to £2,500 and advising on additional products for clients where suitable. The candidate may also be required to provide limited administrative support on renewals to the Account Managers.
Additionally, you must be organised and thorough; being able to meet the required deadlines, retain existing clients and contribute towards agreed business targets. Working in accordance with FCA Principles and Office Procedures Manual particularly Treating Customers Fairly and Contract Certainty standards is an essential part of the day to day role.
Benefits: In return we offer a salary dependent upon experience and an attractive benefits package:
- Initial Holiday entitlement is 20 days. This will increase by 1 day each year, up to a maximum of 25 days. This is in addition to 8 Bank Holidays.
- Automatic Enrolment in our Workplace Pension after 3 months of service, with contributions from Pavey Group.
- Death in Service Benefit – Eligible after probation period successfully completed.
- Performance Related Pay – Eligible after probation period successfully completed.
- Discounted Personal Insurance
- Financial contribution towards insurance studies and exams.