Property Owners & Landlords Back
As a Landlord it is important to understand the extent of your responsibilities under the terms of your lease so that you can obtain cover that is suitable to correctly protect you. With access to a variety of insurance products and providers we are able to offer competitive quotations for bespoke cover for your individual needs.
Our clients are businesses and individuals who own investment property, ranging from a single let property to large real estate portfolios:
Things for you to consider:
- The amount you insure your property for. This figure needs to be enough to pay for the full costs of rebuilding the entire property, including walls, gates and fences; it needs to be sufficient to include demolition costs and professionals fees too. If your sum insured is insufficient insurers may reduce your claim settlement or may refuse to deal with your claim.
- Your rental income may be interrupted if your property is damaged and cannot be occupied because of this. Cover can be provided to pay you your lost rental income too.
- You have a legal responsibility for injury caused to persons (including your tenants) caused by your property. Public liability insurance will pay for your legal defence costs so you are properly represented and for awards of damages to the third party and payment of their legal costs which you will be liable for if you are found to be at fault.
- The terms of the lease may influence whose responsibility it is to insure contents of communal areas or tenants improvements.
- You may incur unexpected legal costs and proceedings related to your ownership of the property. We can arrange cover to fund costs, expenses and attendance expenses e.g. related to residential repossession, tenant default and breach of commercial property leases.
- If your tenant changes or your property is vacant you should inform us as this may affect your cover.
Why choose Pavey Group?
We understand that in a world dominated by online facilities and large call centres, our clients’ value consistent service from dedicated points of contact. You will be allocated a dedicated Account Manager and/or Account Handler, who will be available to give advice, arrange your insurance programme, make amendments to your policies and provide day to day service as and when you require.
If the unforseen should happen our dedicated in-house claims team will be on hand to answer any queries or concerns you may have. We understand how each insurer works and will challenge where necessary on your behalf, keeping your claim on track.
For further advice relating to any aspect of your insurance please contact us on:
|Torquay: 01803 652000||Exeter: 01392 880000|
Visit our resource page for helpful tips & advice for Landlords and Property Owners: