Archive for the: Insurance category
Posted by Cheryl Phillips on November 20th 2014 in Financial, General News, Insurance
'Crash for cash' are road traffic accidents deliberately caused in order to claim whiplash compensation. Organised gangs are at the heart of the increase in the number of these induced accidents. Although this is not a common occurrence in the South-West we should be mindful of these activities as they could become more prevalent to us locally.How to minimise the risk of being targeted by the cash for crash fraudsters:
- Stay alert: Pay attention to your driving and the cars/traffic around you.
- Keep your distance: Keep a safe distance between your vehicle and the one in front.
- Roundabouts and slip roads: fraudsters target roundabouts and slip roads...
Posted by Cheryl Phillips on October 28th 2014 in General News, Insurance
- If you are hosting a Halloween or bonfire night party in you back garden make sure front windows and doors are locked.
- Leave a radio and lights on to give the impression that people are at home.
- Use a timer switch to turn lights on as it gets dark.
- Avoid telling strangers who know your address – such as delivery men – that your house is likely to be empty.
- Put your car and bikes in your garage or out of the way for the night and don’t leave your keys in an obvious place.
- Move garden ornaments and potted plants from...
Posted by Cheryl Phillips on October 27th 2014 in Financial, General News, Insurance
- It allows you to release a tax free lump sum from your property to spend as you wish. You can boost your retirement in-come, allowing you to enjoy your retirement, whether that be on holidays, home improvements, a new car or helping out loved ones.
- You can opt to have the interest added onto the loan each month, without you having to pay a monthly payment back to the provider.
- It allows you to live in your property for as long as you wish.
- It can potentially allow you to draw further funds down at a later date, without further approval.
- The Rate of...
Posted by Sam Eynon on October 9th 2014 in General News, Insurance
From the 1 October 2014 tax discs will no longer be issued by the DVLA and vehicles won’t be required to display windscreen tax discs. Instead, vehicle tax details will be held online by the DVLA. The DVLA will continue to issue vehicle tax reminders to registered vehicle keepers.
The impacts for motor traders are:
- The vehicle seller is required to immediately notify DVLA of the change of ownership - using the V5C Vehicle Registration Certificate
- The DVLA must be notified if the vehicle is being SORNed - using the V5C Vehicle Registration Certificate
- The vehicle tax isn’t transferable - the seller will automatically...
Posted by Cheryl Phillips on October 1st 2014 in Financial, General News, Insurance
The government have recently announced they will be introducing strict regulations of the, as of yet, unregulated letting market which will make it compulsory for letting agents to sign up to an independent redress scheme.
From the 1st October 2014, letting agents will face very heavy fines of up to £5,000 if they cannot prove they are signed up to one of the three independent redress schemes with either the Property Ombudsman, the Ombudsman Service: Property or the Property Redress Scheme. It will also require for a letting agent to take out professional indemnity cover and to continue with this cover...
Posted by Cheryl Phillips on January 22nd 2014 in Financial, General News, Insurance
Joint Press Release: ELF & Pavey Group
ELF is delighted to announce that Pavey Group has agreed to help fund and sponsor the ELF Community Transport Service, an integral part of the ELF Community Support Programme, launched in May 2013. Over the next 2 years Pavey Group will make a significant contribution towards the transport service.
Often treatment for blood related conditions can be complex and visits to the Haematology Centre at the RD&E Hospital can be on a regular or infrequent basis, making NHS transport difficult to access. Covering all of Devon, the ELF drivers will collect patients from, and return...
Posted by Cheryl Phillips on November 22nd 2013 in Financial, General News, Insurance
Pavey Group are very proud to be long standing supporters of the Tourism Awards in the South West. This year we were delighted to sponsor the Self Catering Establishment of the Year Category in the Dorset, Cornwall and Devon Awards. The awards are a celebration of the outstanding quality of businesses within the Tourism sector here in the South West and well deserved recognition must go to all of the finalists of the various categories.
Pavey Group chose to sponsor the Self Catering category specifically as they have a special affinity with the sector through their exclusive ‘Cottagesure’ Insurance Scheme, designed...
Posted by Cheryl Phillips on August 28th 2013 in Financial, General News, Insurance
Pavey Group are delighted to be sponsoring the Big Bay Dip, an event organised by Surf Life Saving GB. SLSGB are a charity based in Exeter who work with clubs across the country who are striving to keep communities safer by the sea. We would encourage adults and children to take part in this family-friendly open water swimming event which is coming to Broadsands Beach in Paignton on Sunday 15th September.
The Big Bay Dip is for everyone; you can swim 200m-1600m, so there's something for all abilities. The swim is open to...
Posted by Cheryl Phillips on July 9th 2013 in Financial, General News, Insurance
To view the 2013 Annual Business Guide which features the Top 150 Companies in Devon and Cornwall, please click here: Western Morning News Annual Business Guide 2013 Online Copy
The guide features a detailed analysis of the regions economy by area and sector, looking at the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead.
Posted by Cheryl Phillips on May 16th 2013 in General News, Insurance
Helen Jones of Pavey Group has been elected President of the Insurance Institute of Exeter, Helen's one year appointment was confirmed at the Institute’s Annual General Meeting earlier this month.
Helen, who is a Senior Commercial Account Manager here at Pavey Group a leading Insurance and Financial Services firm in the South West, takes over from Russell Langham whilst Mark occupies the position vacated by Ms Jones. Helen has worked in the insurance industry for over 25 years, beginning her career with an Insurer, working across various departments and for the previous 12 years as an insurance broker. Helen specialises in...