Archive for the: General News category
Posted by Cheryl Phillips on January 19th 2016 in General News, Insurance
Pavey Group has announced a major expansion of its insurance service offered to customers of Mole Valley Farmer co-operative.
The company, which incorporates Mole Insurance Services and has offices in Torquay and Exeter, will establish a new specialist office at Mole Valley Farmers’ Holsworthy location, as part of their close and growing working relationship.
The team will focus on providing customers in and around the surrounding areas with a tailored insurance service, which offers competitive premiums, and a fully managed claims service.
Initially the branch will open with four members...
Posted by Cheryl Phillips on September 10th 2015 in General News, Insurance
Left to right Pavey Group’s Claire Frost, Compliance Manager, Graham Brown, Managing Director, Roger Nelson, Chartered Insurance Institute, Mark Fowles Exeter CII President.
I am delighted to announce that The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) has awarded the prestigious ‘Chartered Insurance Brokers’ title to Pavey Group, the industry’s gold standard for insurance brokers and a real testament to all those here at Pavey Group . To receive recognition from the premier professional body in the insurance industry is incredibly gratifying and demonstrates our commitment to offer the highest levels of expertise and service to our clients. Achieving this title elevates us into...
Posted by Cheryl Phillips on July 30th 2015 in General News, Insurance
TORBAY'S Pavey Group has appointed an insurance expert to take up the role of senior commercial account handler.
Allyson Paddon will work with corporate clients, helping them to make sure they have the best insurance arrangements in place for their type of business needs.
Allyson, who lives in Bovey Tracey with her husband and her two daughters, said: "I'm delighted to be joining such a professional brokerage as Pavey Group, a company that shares my values of always putting the client first and developing individual solutions for firms.
"I am very focused on building long-term client relationships, really getting to understand their business...
Posted by Cheryl Phillips on July 16th 2015 in Financial, General News
Malcolm Swift started at the then named Michael Pavey Insurance Brokers in 1991, becoming managing director of financial services at the company – now Pavey Group – in 1998.
The father of two, and grandfather of three, started his career 45 years ago. He steps down as managing director, with financial services director Michele Parker taking the role, but stays at the company, which has its head office at Edginswell Park in Torquay, switching to working two days a week.
"Firstly I want to praise my successor Michele Parker. Anyone who knows Michele will be aware of her experience and technical expertise...
Posted by Cheryl Phillips on March 26th 2015 in Financial, General News, Insurance
A Devon-based insurance and financial services company has bought an established local insurance broker to expand its operations in Exeter.
Pavey Group, which has offices in Torquay and Exeter and employs 90 people, has bought Buddens Westinsure, founded in 1985, as part of the group’s on-going growth strategy. The deal was completed in March.
Already recognised as a Top 100 Independent Broker nationally, the expansion means Pavey Group will be able to offer enhanced benefits, including a fully managed claims service and independent financial advice to all former Buddens Westinsure clients.
It also means extending the range of expertise at Pavey Group, with...
Posted by Cheryl Phillips on March 12th 2015 in General News
We had a superb evening at the South West Tourism Awards, it truly was a celebration of Tourism Excellence in the South West, held at a very fitting setting on the Grand Pier, Weston-super-Mare, with more than 300 guests in attendance.
Pavey Group are proud to be long standing sponsors of the Devon, Cornwall and South West Tourism Awards, choosing the Self Catering Category due to the strong affinity to the sector through our exclusive ‘Cottagesure’ scheme for self-catering businesses.
Melanie Birchell, Director, was delighted to present the 6 awards to very worthy winners. The category finalists were exceptional...
Posted by Cheryl Phillips on November 20th 2014 in Financial, General News, Insurance
'Crash for cash' are road traffic accidents deliberately caused in order to claim whiplash compensation. Organised gangs are at the heart of the increase in the number of these induced accidents. Although this is not a common occurrence in the South-West we should be mindful of these activities as they could become more prevalent to us locally.How to minimise the risk of being targeted by the cash for crash fraudsters:
- Stay alert: Pay attention to your driving and the cars/traffic around you.
- Keep your distance: Keep a safe distance between your vehicle and the one in front.
- Roundabouts and slip roads: fraudsters target roundabouts and slip roads...
Posted by Cheryl Phillips on October 28th 2014 in General News, Insurance
- If you are hosting a Halloween or bonfire night party in you back garden make sure front windows and doors are locked.
- Leave a radio and lights on to give the impression that people are at home.
- Use a timer switch to turn lights on as it gets dark.
- Avoid telling strangers who know your address – such as delivery men – that your house is likely to be empty.
- Put your car and bikes in your garage or out of the way for the night and don’t leave your keys in an obvious place.
- Move garden ornaments and potted plants from...
Posted by Cheryl Phillips on October 27th 2014 in Financial, General News, Insurance
- It allows you to release a tax free lump sum from your property to spend as you wish. You can boost your retirement in-come, allowing you to enjoy your retirement, whether that be on holidays, home improvements, a new car or helping out loved ones.
- You can opt to have the interest added onto the loan each month, without you having to pay a monthly payment back to the provider.
- It allows you to live in your property for as long as you wish.
- It can potentially allow you to draw further funds down at a later date, without further approval.
- The Rate of...
Posted by Sam Eynon on October 9th 2014 in General News, Insurance
From the 1 October 2014 tax discs will no longer be issued by the DVLA and vehicles won’t be required to display windscreen tax discs. Instead, vehicle tax details will be held online by the DVLA. The DVLA will continue to issue vehicle tax reminders to registered vehicle keepers.
The impacts for motor traders are:
- The vehicle seller is required to immediately notify DVLA of the change of ownership - using the V5C Vehicle Registration Certificate
- The DVLA must be notified if the vehicle is being SORNed - using the V5C Vehicle Registration Certificate
- The vehicle tax isn’t transferable - the seller will automatically...