Managing Risks to you, your Property and your Guests
Whether you’re the owner of a holiday property, or a family planning your summer holiday here in the West Country; ensuring everyone’s safety is paramount.
As guests, we understand that your primary goal is to have a fantastic break, spend quality time with loved ones and see some of the great attractions and locations the West Country has to offer. You should also expect a holiday that is free from accidents and injuries, which holiday property owners do everything possible to ensure. However you can also take the following precautions:
- On arrival familiarise yourself with the property
- Read the guidebook, it will contain useful information
- Before using equipment/heating etc. refer to the instruction manuals
- Report any potential safety issues immediately to the property owner or caretaker
- Follow safety advice and notices whilst using play equipment and any leisure facilities
For property owners we recommend you regularly assess your properties ensuring any new potential hazards have been identified and managed, and consider our five step process:
- STEP 1: Look for slip and trip hazards around the property, such as uneven floors, trailing cables, areas that are sometimes slippery due to spillages. Include outdoor areas.
- STEP 2: Decide who might be harmed and how.
- STEP 3: Consider the risks. Are the precautions already taken enough to deal with the risks?
- STEP 4: Record your findings, along with the precautions you have taken.
- STEP 5: Regularly review the assessment. If any significant changes take place, make sure that precautions are still adequate to deal with the risks.
Our Cottagesure team will be happy to provide you with a risk assessment template.
If you believe you would benefit from:
- Comprehensive cover, tailored to your property
- Competitive premiums
- Risk management advice and support
- Fully managed claims service
Please visit Cottagesure.co.uk or call our team on 0800 533 5600.
This entry was posted in Insurance and tagged Cottagesure, Devon, Exeter, Property, Risk Assessment, Self Catering, Torquay, Holiday Home, Holiday Let, Insurance Broker, Pavey Group, property insurance, second home by Cheryl Phillips. Bookmark this permalink.