Archive for October, 2014
Posted by Cheryl Phillips on October 28th 2014 in General News, Insurance
- If you are hosting a Halloween or bonfire night party in you back garden make sure front windows and doors are locked.
- Leave a radio and lights on to give the impression that people are at home.
- Use a timer switch to turn lights on as it gets dark.
- Avoid telling strangers who know your address – such as delivery men – that your house is likely to be empty.
- Put your car and bikes in your garage or out of the way for the night and don’t leave your keys in an obvious place.
- Move garden ornaments and potted plants from...
Posted by Sam Eynon on October 9th 2014 in General News, Insurance
From the 1 October 2014 tax discs will no longer be issued by the DVLA and vehicles won’t be required to display windscreen tax discs. Instead, vehicle tax details will be held online by the DVLA. The DVLA will continue to issue vehicle tax reminders to registered vehicle keepers.
The impacts for motor traders are:
- The vehicle seller is required to immediately notify DVLA of the change of ownership - using the V5C Vehicle Registration Certificate
- The DVLA must be notified if the vehicle is being SORNed - using the V5C Vehicle Registration Certificate
- The vehicle tax isn’t transferable - the seller will automatically...